TIP: If using a fresh lemon, cut it in half and remove seeds with a spoon. Then squeeze lemon juice into the bowl of salsa.
1 small onion
1 jalapeño pepper or green bell pepper
2 firm tomatoes
1 tablespoon dried cilantro or 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro, chopped
1 teaspoon garlic powder or ½ clove of garlic, minced
1 medium fresh lemon or 4 teaspoons lemon juice concentrate
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon vegetable oil or light olive oil
1 cutting board or plastic plate
1 small knife
1 small metal spoon
1 set of measuring spoons
1 large bowl
Plastic food wrap
Wash hands and make sure utensils and countertops are clean.
- Assemble ingredients and rinse produce under cold, running water.
- Cut tomatoes in half. Scoop or squeeze out seeds and throw away. Chop tomatoes and place in bowl.
- Peel skin off onion. Chop and add to bowl.
- Cut peppers in half and gently remove core and seeds. Cute off stem. Throw away core, seeds and stem. Chop remainder of pepper and add to bowl.
- Add lemon, black pepper, garlic, salt, cilantro, and oil. Stir well. Serve and enjoy!
Serving size: ½ cup
Servings per recipe: 4 servings
Calories: 63.5 kcal
Fat: 3.6 g
Carbohydrate: 7.1 g
Fiber: 1.8 g
Sugar: 4.3 g
Protein: 1.4 g
Download the Recipe ▾