TIP: Hummus can also be used as a dip with vegetables, pieces of whole-grain pita bread, tortilla chips, or pita chips. Use as a spread for sandwiches, rolls, wraps, etc. Great to use in place of mayonnaise!
2 (15-ounce) cans of garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
3 to 6 cloves of garlic (peeled)
2 tablespoons lemon juice
3 tablespoons olive oil
½ teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon pepper
½ cup tahini (ground sesame seeds) (optional)
Vegetables for dipping
1 electric blender or food processor
1 medium bowl with lid
1 can opener
Wash hands and make sure utensils and countertops are clean.
- Assemble ingredients and rinse vegetables under running water.
- Place garbanzo beans into electric blender or food processor.
- Add olive oil, salt, pepper, and optional tahini.
- If dip is too thick, slowly add water until hummus reaches desired consistency.
- Slice or cut vegetables for dipping. Share and enjoy!
Serving size: 2 tablespoons
Servings per recipe: 32 servings
Calories: 59.3 kcal
Fat: 3.7 g
Carbohydrate: 5.2 g
Fiber: 1.5 g
Sugar: .8 g
Protein: 2 g
Download the Recipe ▾